My very own wildflowers garden
First of all, Happy Autumn Equinox everyone. Second of all, as we are saying goodbye to the summer I'm so glad to announce that I have had my wildflowers garden this year. ðð
I'm very proud of it because I grow them from seeds so it feels like they are my babies. There is something special and satisfying about growing flowers from seeds. You get to see how they grow - from bare soil to little seedings poking out of the dark earth to become green shootsðą and eventually they grow more mature and flowered ðŪ
I have to admit that I still don't know much about gardening - one thing I do know is I didn't realise I could grow some flowers! So it's very encouraging and I have a bigger plan for my wildflowers garden next spring.
The thing is, when I decided to sow those seeds it was quite late in the season. I had bought packages of wildflowers seeds but didn't find an inspiration to sow them. As we had such a warm and sunny summer this year I thought I would bite the bullet. I told myself that I wouldn't have a wildflowers patch by thinking and wishing about it and those seeds I bought would be wasted by next spring they probably wouldn't be any good.
I'm so glad I did it because it's so rewarding. You see, I've always thought I'm not good at gardening - and I still don't think I am. But you don't have to do anything complicated. Wildflowers are easy to grow and they can be kept wild and natural which means no weeding to do.
Wildflowers are so simple, colourful and low maintenance but absolutely gorgeous. I love coming home from work - getting out of the car, opening the gate and find these lovely flowers greeting me.
And they keep taking turn growing - I don't know how many type of wildflowers I got but as nearly the end of the summer - they still surprised me they still flowered. And I say, keep going, keep flowering my babies.
I'm quite sure my 8 months old cat, Soba loves it too. He seems to enjoy watching and trying to catch insects - it entertains him no end. And it entertains me to watch him entertain himself. Please check out the link below for the video
I also have a bee bath. As a matter of fact, I have not seen a bee drinking from it yet but there have been loads of un identify insects come to drink from the bath. The idea is the put some shell or loose pebbles or even lovely colourful beads and marbles for them to land on. It helps them from being drowned. Well, I have done some research from Pinterest ðððŠē
I did get a lot of inspiration on wildflowers cottage garden from Pinterest and oh I can't wait until next spring ð

Comments
Post a Comment