Soba in Weybourne
So we went, Soba and I, to Weybourne - on a lovely sunny evening in early July. I'm glad I did because it was lovely. Weybourne was as beautiful as I had always remembered it. The atmosphere was lively, the sky was blue, the wind and the sun were warm.
This time I came with my cat in the rucksack. There is something special about taking your cat to the seaside, simply because no one else does. And I must say, although it wasn't Soba's first seaside outing - because I took him to Sheringham where we sat looking at the sea on the promenade but this was the first time I let him out. It was the first time he had set foot and walked around on lead!
And I'm so proud to say that at 5 months old, Soba was so comfortable with strolling around on lead. He didn't walk the way Snoopy did. He stopped a lot, sniffing and investigating the same area, going backwards and forwards. I eventually had to scoop him up and put him back in the rucksack because we wouldn't get anywhere at this rate.
There are many things to consider when taking a cat for a walk - what I've learnt these past few months of being a cat mum is Soba gets spooked easily, even tiny unexpected noise - someone sneeze, someone started a lawn mower or hoover or car engine make him jump into frantic. So he has learnt that his rucksack is his safe place - and I do the health and safety check for him. He only comes out of the rucksack when there are no dogs, no cars, no threat around and if in doubt, get in the rucksack immediately.

Comments
Post a Comment