Soba in Sheringham (cliff walk)
We went to Sheringham after the trip to Weybourne was a success. There was the path along the cliff where I had never taken Snoopy to, because I felt it was unsafe for him. Now I have Soba who travels with me in the rucksack I can go places where I couldn't when I had Snoopy.
In a way, I feel like Soba and I are writing our new stories together as life continues. This cliff path is tucked away by the Sheringham Golf Club. At the end of the free parking space after the big pool you will see a sign says "Public footpath"
By this time, I felt like I was very much used to having a cat in the rucksack and just went for a walk without much of a fuss. As Soba was getting bigger he was quite noticeable even he was sitting still in the rucksack. He was getting heavy too.
Soba at Sheringham cliff walk 03/07/26
I was right not to take Snoopy here because the path was very close to the cliff and it would be very easy for him to run and fall off.
It was an up hill walk along the way and we got to the old pill box with a little bench - very handy because you probably need a rest by that time.
On the back of the bench written, " In memory of all from Sheringham who served in World War Two" which I find it was so sweet and sad in the same time. It's nice though that they still remember people who not only have lost their lives but also survived in the 2nd World war.
As we came to the top of the hill we saw a coast guard house. It was closed but normally there would be a coast guard there. It was rather sweet.
And the view at the top of the hill was so spectacular - it was stunningly breath taking - especially on a lovely clear day.
The sea was very calm and peaceful that day. It was perfect. It was such a day that made you feel lucky to be alive
Soba, my beautiful boy enjoyed himself. He had a walk, tried to catch some flying insects and pottering around in the sun. I couldn't believe I had a cat who could do all this with me.
And just to top it off. There was a noise and a hoot - and a Thomas the tank engine came by in the distance - it was the perfect end to a wonderful day.

Comments
Post a Comment